Thursday, August 14, 2008

Women's All Around

The women's team competition was last night, and the USA got the silver, and China got the gold. They were doing fine until they got the beam. A Chinese girl fell off, and that opened the door a little. The the first USA girl up, Alicia Sacramone fell off on her front flip mount. Then on floor she tried to pull her self together, but then fell. Shawn stepped out of bounds on her floor routine too. I think Nastia did also. Even if Alicia had not fallen on beam they still probably would have not been able to beat China. Silver was OK, but it was just that they messed up so bad that made it a bummer.


The Women's All Around is tonight! Shawn Johnson and Nastia Luikin will compete, and are favorites.

I made this balance beam for my barbie. I found a pack of wood dowels. Dad helped, and he cut the pieces for the legs. It was fun sanding the wood! I have had her for a long time. She is a gymnast barbie and came with uneven bars. I also made a vault out of poster board. Then for the floor exercise I used a piece of blue poster board. Here are some pictures.


Here is the Gym!



No comments: